Creative People and Places is about more people choosing, creating and taking part in brilliant art experiences in the places where they live.
Funded by Arts Council England, there are 30 independent projects based in areas where there are fewer opportunities to get involved with the arts.
89% of our audience come from neighbourhoods with low and medium levels of arts engagement.
As an action research programme, we share our learning widely.
Arts Council England’s Aims for Creative People and Places:
- More people from places of least engagement experience and are inspired by the arts
- Communities take the lead in shaping local arts provision
- The aspiration for excellence is central – this covers both excellence of art and excellence of the process of engaging communities
- To learn from past experiences and create an environment where the arts and cultural sector can experiment with new approaches to engaging communities
- To learn more about how to establish sustainable arts and cultural opportunities and make this learning freely available across the cultural sector
- To encourage partnerships across the subsidised, amateur and commercial sectors
- To demonstrate the power of the arts to enrich the lives of individuals and make positive changes in communities
- That activity is radically different from what has happened before in each place