Creative volunteering opportunity for East Durham residents
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to volunteer on an exciting new arts and community project for East Durham in March 2016!
VoiceOver is a spectacular new public artwork that connects neighbours by creating an interactive chain of light and sound that weaves through the streets. Over the Easter weekend, from Friday 25th to Monday 28th March, the neighbourhoods of Roseby Road and Rosedale Terrace in Horden will be transformed as VoiceOver makes its world premier. The light and sound line is activated by people’s voices, and throughout the weekend families, friends and residents from across Peterlee and Horden are invited to come and take part in this community art work by ‘speaking out’ along the VoiceOver line.
We are looking for a small team of dedicated volunteers to help make the project happen!
The volunteer role is likely to include:
- Supporting the creation of an exciting new art work for East Durham.
- Supporting artists & the production team to set up for launch events& the live weekend (25 – 28 March).
- Invigilating the VoiceOverStations (places where people can speak into the line), and supporting the local community to get involved during the days the project is live.
- Acting as information points on the project.
- Supporting evaluation by gathering questionnaires and feedback from participants.
- Documenting the project with photos & audio recording (for volunteers with particular skills).
- Promoting the project via social media & marketing materials.
VoiceOver volunteers should be:
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Be available for at least 1 day during the Easter weekend (25 – 28 March 2016).
- Be willing to attend a short meeting to learn about the project during the last week in March.
- Ideally be based in Peterlee or Horden, or be willing to travel to the Roseby Road/Rosedale Terrace area.
Volunteering hours will be flexible and can be agreed based on your availability. Volunteers will be reimbursed a small amount for food and travel expenses for volunteering sessions over 6 hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in technology, the arts or creative community projects to gain experience working on a live event with artists and a production team who have created projects all over the world.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Ashley Bell, Assistant Producer for the project, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07878 153 521. To find out more about the project, go to www.eastdurhamcreates.co.uk/voiceover or find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/voiceovereastdurham
VoiceOver is a project devised by creative technologists Umbrellium (www.umbrellium.co.uk) in collaboration with communities from around East Durham and produced by Forma Arts & Media (www.forma.org.uk).
VoiceOver is commissioned as part of East Durham Creates, one of 21 Creative People and Places projects nationally, funded by Arts Council England.